The health and safety of The Organising Bee clients and staff are paramount.
In order to mitigate the risk of the COVID-19 pandemic, the following alterations will be made to The Organising Bee’s service.
1. Maintain appropriate social distancing (1.5 metres) and wherever possible, physical contact should be avoided (hand shaking, hugs)
2. Strong focus on good hygiene practices, including:
- Applying alcohol-based hand sanitizer before and after leaving a client’s home, and at any other time where it is deemed necessary during a session. Hand sanitizer will be available at all times for client use.
- Wearing single use disposable gloves during a session within a client’s home. Face masks are available should either party feel the need to wear them.
- Washing hands with soap and water whenever needed or when there is visible dirt on hands.
- Sterilize key surfaces that we have touched during the session with anti-bacterial wipes at the end of each session or as deemed necessary through-out the session.
- Covering mouths and noses with a bent elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing and disposing the used tissue and washing hands immediately. We ask that clients do the same whist in their home.
3. No sharing of equipment
- Due to the restrictions on sharing equipment, baskets and boxes for short term use in sorting and categorizing items during the decluttering stages will now need to be supplied by the client. Specific client requirements can be discussed directly with the client prior to each session.
- Only new containers purchased for a specific client can be taken inside that specific client’s home.
- Clients can request for new containers to be purchased by The Organising Bee on their behalf. If you would like us to purchase sorting boxes on your behalf, please let us know ASAP, ideally a week prior to the session so that there is time to purchase them prior to your session. All purchases will be invoiced to the client.
4. Postponing/rescheduling sessions if showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or signs of illness
- Temperature checks will be made before leaving home each morning and if 38.5 or above or there are any noticeable signs fever or a respiratory tract infection, the session will be rescheduled.
- If the client (or a family member who will be present in the client’s home during the session) are unwell with symptoms of fever or a respiratory tract infection, such as sore throat, cold, cough, aches, or shortness of breath, we ask that you reschedule the session.
- All cancellation fees are waived until further notice. The normal 24-hour cancellation period has been temporality altered 2 hours prior to the beginning of the session if a client is feeling unwell during this pandemic.
Amy Kennedy, owner/operator of The Organising Bee has completed the Federal Government/Aspen Medical Infection Control Training – COVID 19 online training.